Social media is a very important and strong platform for this century.
Each of these networks has its own unique style, functionality, and patterns of utilization.
FB was developed for college students to connect. But now it accumulates the personal and professional data of an individual.
It is also using for the background check and the validation, which is an equally important part of the recruitment.
LinkedIn is a professional social media site that allows you to create an online CV, connect with employers and highlight your career aspirations. It is primarily a professional network, designed to facilitate linkages between people who are wanting to connect for work-cognate purposes. It is withal the network of cull for most professionals.
LinkedIn is designed for professional networking and there’s a more preponderant accentuation on building a reputation and connecting to employment and business opportunities. LinkedIn Questions and Answers is a way for people to ask questions and receive expert advice. Answers can be rated and people who do this well can amend their LinkedIn reputation. There are withal employment listings and a faculty to receive recommendations from your connections.
Twitter is a hugely popular microblogging social media channel can be a great tool for developing a professional online presence and demonstrating that you have excellent communication and networking skills. If you already tweet in a personal capacity and want to keep this separate, why not consider creating an additional professional twitter persona.
Glassdoor is one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites offering valuable insights from the people who know best – the employees and candidates who have been there. It’s simple to help people everywhere to find jobs we help companies recruit and hire truly informed candidates, at scale.
Quora is a Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
XING is a social network for business contacts. it is a platform where professionals from all kinds of different industries can meet up, find jobs, colleagues, new assignments, cooperation partners, experts and generate business ideas.
Angel List is the most popular LinkedIn alternative. Whether you want to find a 9-5 or work for a startup, find employees for your company. In this fast-growing, increasingly popular platform, recruiters and employers are connected with job-seekers.
Advantages of social media
- It helped to connect with our friends and families to share our events and photos videos etc.
- Lots of lost family members have been returned by connecting through social media.
- It has given an opportunity for poor people and talented people to show their talents. I
- It increases voter participation and facilitates political change.
- It helps reduce the loneliness of senior citizens who are socially isolated.
- The U.S. military and the Department of Veterans Affairs use social media to help prevent suicide.
- It can help disarm social stigmas like anxiety or depression.
- Crowdsourcing on social media allows people to attain a goal, empowering users to achieve positive change.
- professional networking sites like LinkedIn greatly assist companies to find personnel and job seekers to find work
Disadvantages of Social Media
- Its posts cannot be entirely deleted
- It can endanger our military, journalists, and activists.
- Social media use is associated with personality and brain disorders.
- Students who are heavy social media users tend to have lower grades.
- It can exacerbate feelings of disconnect and put children at higher risk for anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, eating disorders and even suicide.
- Criminals can use social media to commit and promote crimes.
- SM can be a drain on time and use up hours that you can’t get back.
- Advertising practices of social media sites may create an invasion of privacy.
- It facilitates sexting, which can lead to revenge porn, criminal charges, and the proliferation of personal images.
Impact of Social Media
As a contribution to public communication, it is huge with the potential for building or weakening consensus, depending on the quality of content and sociability of style employed.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing first started with publishing. Businesses were sharing their content on social media to generate traffic to their websites and, hopefully, sales.
Nowadays, businesses use social media in a myriad of different ways. A business that wants to reach a specific set of audience at scale would run highly-targeted social media ads (social media advertising).
SM marketing is something you cannot ignore and no matter what you’re doing. Its marketing can be a huge addition to marketing channels if used correctly. Social media marketing is one of the fastest and easiest ways to reach your market and increase brand awareness, more traffic, leads, and sales.
More information on owning your data
Privacy Controls–In most networks, your facility to access more detailed information about a person is predicated on their status as one of your connections. You can control who is genuinely in your personal network by efficaciously managing who you invite into your network and whose invitations you accept.
The faculty to send public and private messages, by sending a private message or “writing on their wall.” On LinkedIn, you communicate via person-to-person messages.
As in authentic life, the value of an online convivial network lies in the people. Here are some good resources on building a convivial network
Thank you for visiting my page, hope you like the page helpful, Pls share the knowledge with your friends and family too.
You might like the Page Career Planning
“Guide for your Best Purchase” – Product Jaankari
“Guide” for your “Green Garden” – Falcon Garden