It seems that there is never enough time in the day. But, since we all get the same 24 hours, why is it that some people achieve so much more than others? The answer lies in good time management
Good TM requires an important shift in focus from activities to results,” being busy isn’t the same as being effective“. (Ironically, the opposite is often closer to the truth.)
What is time management?
“TM” is the process of organizing and planning how to divide your day slot between specific activities. Good TM enables you to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less duration, even when schedule is tight and pressures are high.
On the contrary, if you are unable to manage your day duration effectively, you could experience undesirable consequences such as:
- Higher stress levels
- Poor work quality
- Missed deadlines
- Work imbalance
- Lose control
Learning the art of TM could yield a positive impact especially on your professional life — where most of us suck each and every task. So, let’s take a brief look at the benefits
Why is time management important?
With effective TM , employees can easily manage their hours to the best effect. When things go as per the plan, employees tend to be more creative, happier, and less prone to burnout at work. Thus, it makes sense to take some time out to learn about tips and techniques to benefit your career.
How can I improve my TM skills?
Now you know the importance of TM, Let’s have a look to apply these powerful tips to manage your time wisely & to achieve massive success.
- Wake up early — Make your day longer.
- Set SMART goals — Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely.
- Prioritize MITs wisely — Most important tasks.
- Set a time limit to complete a task -Discover your zone.
- Block distractions — Remove non-essential tasks/activities
- Organize yourself -Find a good time tracking software
- No multitasking — Quality over quantity
- Take small breaks frequently — refresh and rejuvenate
- Plan ahead -Use an online calendar
- Batch similar tasks together
- Track your time
- It helps you avoid feeling stressed out with worry about whether you’re getting things done.
- Having more time to spend on hobbies or other personal pursuits.
- Managing time well leads to more opportunities and less time wasted on trivial activities.
- Able to better achieve goals and objectives, and do so in a shorter length of time.
- The 80/20 principle – The 80/20 principle is also known as Pareto’s principle that suggests that 80% of results come from 20% of the actions or efforts
- The ABCDE method-A [the most important tasks], B [less important tasks], C[tasks with no consequences], D[tasks for delegate], E [tasks you can eliminate].
- The 4D system-Delete (Drop), Delegate, Defer, Do
- The 18 Minutes
Time management plays an important role in our day-to-day lives. Even educating yourself about the basic tips can do wonders in your life. Every minute is precious, don’t waste it doing something that isn’t adding any value to your life.
Thank you for visiting my page, hope you like the page helpful, Pls share the knowledge with your friends and family too.
You might like the page Work Management
“Guide for your Best Purchase” – Product Jaankari
“Guide” for your “Green Garden” – Falcon Garden