More recently the term ‘work management’ has started to spread. In this 5 minute read, we’ll go over everything you’d want to know about work management and give you tips on how you can start practicing it today.
What Is Work Management?
Gartner [the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company]defines work management as a set of services that apply workflow structure to the movement of information and the interaction of business processes that generate the information.
Work Management Features
Work management is about integrating a number of different features into one easily comprehensive system:-
- Resource management
- Project management
- Time management
- Task management
Implementation of Work Management
Look at the specific functionality each program has to offer and choose the program that best fits your needs.
Some functions include the following:
- Task assignment
- Scheduling software
- Mobile version
- Gantt charts (and dependencies)
- Document sharing
- Integration (with other software programs)
How to Select a WM System for Your Organization
Before you begin looking at solutions, however, you must first examine your current workflow processes. In order to improve upon them and adopt a brand new system that will help solve and manage them, you must be fully informed on the state of current business affairs. To begin this investigation, ask questions like these:
- Which processes do you need to completely change, which do you need to adjust, and which do you want to keep?
- What are the current limitations of your success? Where in your processes can you combat these limitations and improve?
- What is the most critical area of improvement for your business (product success at market, production speed, and efficiency, inter-departmental communication, etc.)?
Therefore, take the following into consideration as you search for a solution:
- Company Size/Longevity: Planning for the volume of work that will cycle through your system will give you critical information on whether you can handle it manually or need to opt for a software solution.
- History with Current Processes: Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your current system(s), so you can emulate or improve upon it when you update.
- Type(s) of Systems Currently Used: Do you update processes and progress manually, or do you already have software in place? Consider the actual software integration as well as ease-of-use for employees.
These guiding principles will help you determine what type of system will provide the greatest benefit to your organization.
- Schedule work more efficiently
- Improved business agility
- Minimized redundancy
- Boosted performance and results
- Reduced waste
- Higher efficiency
- Utilize assets and resources
- Evaluate performance
- Meet clients’ needs
Work Management vs Project Management
Work management and project management share many of the same underlying principles[increasing efficiency, reducing waste, streamlining processes], they are two distinct frameworks.
Project management, companies organize their work structure to maximize efficiency and success for each unique project.
Where in work management, companies look at their entire operations system and make adjustments to maximize overall business success.
Work management solutions fall across the spectrum and range from complete collaborative operations’ management to individual work management systems.
Thank you for visiting my page, hope you like the page helpful, Pls share the knowledge with your friends and family too
You might like Page Time Management
“Guide for your Best Purchase” – Product Jaankari
“Guide” for your “Green Garden” – Falcon Garden